Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Bad web usability - lesson 1 : Position of latest blog post.

Ok. I have had it enough, I'm not saying my site is perfect either, but I have recently stumbled into so many usability pitfalls and bad designs, that I can't stay quiet anymore...

Go to http://miekejanssens.com/blog/ ... try to click for different posts. What happens?

Exactly. Your latest blog post should allways start from top of the page. People are not going to see it, if they have to scroll for it.

This blog has +500 followers on Twittercounter... how it is possible? Probably good content, sorry I didn't find it.

miekejanssens.com is not alone, I have stumbled to many other blogs with this same irritating problem. If you want to have some fixed content on top of the page, be rational and minimalistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment