Saturday, July 4, 2009

Plannning to make Facebook ad campaign?

I recommend to read this article first, short excerpt:

On November 20th I setup an advertising campaign on Facebook for my startup, CloudContacts. The ad setup program crashed a few times but eventually I was able to get the ad running. I selected men and women from 25 to 53 with a college degree as my initial test audience. Facebook told me that there were somewhere about 33 million users for the demographics I selected. Clearly this 33 million number is just profiles they have, not actual activity.

Here are the campaign results:
81k impressions (majority of them in the first 7 days, nearly none since)
6 clicks total for a .01 ctr
$3.23 total spent

Read more + comments:

http://www.centernetworks.com/facebook-ad-campaign-results

Quick comments: Even result for clicks is horrible, I think 81 000 impressions sounds really good. You get your brand on peoples mind and maybe some did later a google search with brand name, instead of clicking ad.

US or whole world is really big market area. I bet facebook ads work better on smaller scale, like example targeted to certain country or region.

No comments:

Post a Comment